You can preorder an Alexa-enabled Big Mouth Billy Bass for $40.
As Boing Boing pal Morpheus says, “Big Mouth Billy Bass, the legendary talking robotic centrarchidid, is now available with Amazon Alexa support. You can ask it for stock quotes or to order some more Ranch Doritos and blowgun darts!”
The future is weird.
From the Amazon blurb:
• Everyone's favorite talking and singing fish is now programmed to respond to Alexa voice commands.
• Pair big mouth Billy bass with your preferred device in the Echo family and let the fun begin.
• Responds to Alexa voice commands
• Lip syncs with Alexa spoken responses
• Responds to inquiries about the weather, your commute, the news, random facts, and more
• Reacts to timers, Notifications, and alarms
• Dances to the beat with music.
• This is a hilarious gift!
Senator and 2020 US presidential candidate Bernie Sanders’ “High-Speed Internet For All” plan, unveiled today, promises $150 billion to build publicly owned broadband networks — and to break the chokehold that Comcast, Verizon, and AT&T have on Americans’ access to information and communication.
Women and girls, Uber at your own risk.
Weighted blankets are officially a thing. And if you’ve ever tried one, you know there’s a reason for the fuss. Parents have known for generations that swaddling a baby has a profound calming effect, and the gentle pressure that blanket weights provide can have the same effect on restless sleepers. Pretty much all parts of […]
Walk through any office, and you will likely spot a few bobbleheads. These wobbly figurines are great fun to have around, although most celebrate people we will never meet. For something a little more personal, try Handmade Custom Bobbleheads. These mini caricatures are sculpted and painted by skilled artisans, based on any photo you provide. […]
In the early days of the web, everyone wanted a .com domain for their site. As a result, all the good ones got snapped up. But .com no longer has the cachet it once did. In fact, many new businesses and individuals are opting for other top-level domain extensions. One of the most memorable is […]