I regret to inform you that Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk is back on his inappropriate for a CEO tweets again.
The two weird tweets were sandwiched between two other seemingly normal tweets about favorable coverage of Tesla, the electric car maker under earnings scrutiny in the new year.
Here's what Elon's Thursday afternoon on Twitter looked like.
• 2:31 PM - 3 Jan 2019: “Model 3 mid-range EPA rating is actually 264 miles, slightly higher than prior estimate of 260.”
• 3:04 PM - 3 Jan 2019: “There are no coincidences.” Attached, a conspiracy meme about Neil Armstrong and aliens.
• 3:06 PM - 3 Jan 2019: “Evian, the first bottled water, is naive spelled backwards.”
• 3:23 PM - 3 Jan 2019: This day-old Forbes article, titled “Tesla Is Now America's Number One Premium Automotive Company, Outsells BMW, Lexus In Q4.”
The public markets are hungry: as Uber and Lyft look to IPOs to let their investors -- who have been subsidizing 40-50% of every ride -- redeem their shares through sales to the public capital markets, the companies are desperate for ways to reduce their unprofitability and increase those share prices.
Pepsi's plan to pay a Russian company called Startrocket to loft an artificial constellation of cubesats with mylar sails to advertise a "nonalcoholic energy beverage" has been cancelled for unspecified reasons (the company says its prototype launch using high-altitude balloons was a "one-time event").
* whether they deserve one or not
Believe it or not, PDF files have been the go-to format for contracts and forms of any type since 1993. And sure, they’re easily shareable – but that’s about it. When you need to edit or sign a document – and you will – that’s when frustration can set in. Luckily, there are workarounds, and […]
It’s 4/20! Smoke ’em if you got ’em – and if you haven’t got ’em, check out this roundup of deep discounts on pipes and other accessories. They’re all on sale, but you can take an extra discount off the final price courtesy of the Boing Boing store by using the online code 420SAVE. Freeze […]
Ever wonder if you’re cleaning your teeth well enough? If your last dentist visit has you getting a little more thorough about oral care, it might be time to save yourself some guesswork. A lot of electric toothbrushes promise deep cleaning, but there’s a Platinum Sonic Toothbrush that has power plus the simple but effective […]