It's been 111 years since a subdivision of the Denver suburb of Cherry Hills was given the name of "Swastika Acres," and now, finally, the name has been changed to "Old Cherry Hills," thanks to an official act of the local council.
The Swastika Acres subdivision was named in 1908 by the Denver Swastika Land Co., well before the Nazis co-opted the symbol and forever changed its meaning. At the time, the swastika remained a common sight across the Southwest, used by Native Americans for centuries.
"The right thing to do": Cherry Hills Village to officially rename Swastika Acres subdivision [Sam Tabachnik/Denver Post]
(Thanks, Kent KB!)