The New York Times reports that the DNC has whittled the Dem field down to 10 candidates—enough to fit on a single stage for the next debate—after another round of dismal polling for the tail-end vanity candidates.
• Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.
• Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey
• Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind.
• Julián Castro, the former housing secretary
• Senator Kamala Harris of California
• Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota
• Former Representative Beto O'Rourke of Texas
• Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont
• Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts
• Andrew Yang, a tech entrepreneur
Pause to consider how overwhelmingly important it is to lower-ranked Dem candidates to be on that privately-owned, legacy-media stage.