The death toll from the Wuhan virus has officially passed 1,000, according to China's health commission.
Here is a snapshot on the global reach of Novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV, including today's update from the Chinese government:
• 42,729 confirmed cases worldwide
• 23,589 suspected cases worldwide
• 1,013 people have died
• 7,463 are in serious or critical condition
• 3,752 people who became sick recovered
• Most 2019-nCoV cases are in China
• 25 countries have reported cases
An additional 2,097 cases of coronavirus and 103 deaths were reported in central China's Hubei Province. The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Hubei, where the virus origin city of Wuhan is located, has now reached 31,728.
— Steve Herman (@W7VOA) February 10, 2020
China's Hubei province confirmed an additional 2,097 coronavirus cases and 103 deaths on Feb. 10, the health commission said.
The current death toll is at least 1,011 pic.twitter.com/wXwcHDN7NV
— QuickTake by Bloomberg (@QuickTake) February 10, 2020