Our friends at IFixIt bought an Apple Watch 6 the second it became available and took it apart to see what makes it tick, or not tick, I guess.
- Outward comparison of the Series 6 (right) with its one-year-old sibling (left) reveals only subtle differences, but that's what teardowns are for. These details we already know:
- LTPO OLED Retina display optimized for always-on functionality—this time without Force Touch
- 64-bit dual-core Apple S6 SiP (System in Package)
- Updated sensor array measuring heart rate, ECG, and now blood oxygen levels
- Compass and realtime altimeter
- Water resistance to a depth of 50 meters
- Today's teardown victim is a 44 mm GPS + LTE model, purchased at retail in Germany—but we've also got a 40 mm model that may make a guest appearance, should any interesting comparisons arise.