Yuusuke Kawai is running for governor of Japan's Chiba Prefecture (pop. 6.3 million). Here he is on NHK to tell voters what he plans to do, as translated by Kotaku:
- Build a red tower, like Tokyo Tower in Chiba, but name it Tokyo Tower (his reasoning is that Tokyo Disneyland is not actually located in Tokyo, but Chiba—payback, I guess!)
- Rename Narita Airport, which is located in Chiba, as Disney Sky
- Make "Let It Go" from Frozen Chiba's theme song
- Outlaw the word "trash" in Chiba and replace it with the words "star fragment"
- Refer to the rabble-rousers, for which Chiba is known, by the cuter sounding "Olaf"
- Rename Makuhari Station as "Makuhari Messe Isn't Here Station"
Why does Japan get the normal politicians, while the U.S. gets the wacky ones like Marjorie Taylor Greene?