The Daily Grail perfectly prefaced today's News Briefs with the following truth: "If you're a science fiction writer and you can't come up with a plot from the first five news brief headlines today, what are you even doing…"
• 'Alien obelisk' found on Australian farmland likely SpaceX space junk that fell from the sky.
• Meanwhile: mysterious metallic orb falls on Mexico.
• Big green meteors seem to be raining down on New Zealand, but why?
• Authorities investigate after mysterious, massive sinkhole appears in Chile.
• Earth just mysteriously spun faster, causing the shortest day ever recorded.
More: "News Briefs 03-08-2022" (The Daily Grail)