Southwest plane evacuated after Samsung Note 7 catches fire. It was a recall replacement.

In Louisville, KY today, a Southwest Airlines plane that had not yet left the ground was evacuated on the runway, after one passenger’s Samsung smartphone caught fire. No injuries were reported. Read the rest

Mystery over square-shaped fire that started on sofa inside closed shop

No one can explain how this square-shaped fire started on a sofa in a closed shop in London. A passer by noticed it and called it on.

Clyde Johnson, from the shop, said: “We’re very thankful to Mrs Patel for phoning the fire brigade but we still have no idea how it started. It’s a fire resistant sofa luckily so it minimised the fire but we don’t know if it was caused by a laser pointer or maybe a magnifying glass or just the sun shining in oddly. The police can’t figure it out either.”

Story an video here. [via] Read the rest