Roberta Rammé designed this chaise lounger for a teenage furniture design competition. It incorporates a desk, flat screen, and media storage.
From the project description:
Imagine a furniture to wear… then dress it with an innovator design, intense colors, ergonomics and technology appeal. Like in fashion, the point is to unify beauty, comfort, and functionality. Whether your desire is to watch TV or DVD, listen to your favorite CD, read, talk on the phone, or even study, take a nap or browse the internet, you got it close, in a multifunctional chaise-longue. This concept is inspired by the values and personality of a today's teenager and the standards generated by a global hi-tech culture of facilities, where the access to technology is cheap and easy.
Previously on BB:
• Bed with built-in TV and stereo Link
• LapDawg: cool, in-bed laptop holder for lazy slackers Link
• Work from bed with the Ergopod Link
• Creepy bed doubles as safe room Link
• Murphy Bed converts from a computer desk Link
• Bed: whole top lifts up to expose tons of storage Link
• Bed that subsumes an entire bedroom's worth of furniture Link