danah boyd, radical social scientist par excellence, sez, "It gives me unquantifiable amounts of joy to announce that the Journal for Computer-Mediated Communication special theme issue on 'Social Network Sites' is now completely birthed. It was a long and intense labor, but all eight newborn articles are doing just fine and the new mommies are as proud as could be. So please, join us in our celebration by heading on over to the JCMC and snuggling up to an article or two. The more you love them, the more they'll prosper!"
- "Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship" by danah boyd and Nicole Ellison
- "Signals in Social Supernets" by Judith Donath
- "Social Network Profiles as Taste Performances" by Hugo Liu
- "Whose Space? Differences Among Users and Non-Users of Social Network Sites" by Eszter Hargittai
- "Cying for Me, Cying for Us: Relational Dialectics in a Korean Social Network Site" by Kyung-Hee Kim and Haejin Yun
- "Public Discourse, Community Concerns, and Civic Engagement: Exploring Black Social Networking Traditions on BlackPlanet.com" by Dara Byrne
- "Mobile Social Networks and Social Practice: A Case Study of Dodgeball" by Lee Humphreys
- "Publicly Private and Privately Public: Social Networking on YouTube" by Patricia Lange
A decade ago, Steve Jobs admitted in an interview that Apple had the means to remotely kill core functionalities and apps on iOS devices. Apple purportedly made this possible to ensure that their hardware could not be taken over with malicious apps. I remember being very not OK with this, at the time. But over […]
At the big Apple Event in Cupertino today, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max were touted as ‘the best and biggest displays’ yet for iPhone.
At the big Apple Event today in Cupertino, a new iPhone was revealed. Here are official photos we received from Apple, for a closer look.
Gone are the days when you needed to pore over a 400-page physics textbook to learn about weight ratios, aerodynamics, and all of those other STEM concepts that let us take to the skies. Thanks to Force Flyers’ DIY Building Block Drones, you can foster your STEM knowledge as you build and fly your own functional […]
As more companies leverage cloud technology to unite and streamline their operations, the need for capable IT pros increases. But, as any IT guru will tell you, demand alone won’t get your foot in the door to this lucrative field. If you want to cash in on the demand and build a thriving IT career, […]
iOS 12 is finally here, which means now is the best time for aspiring developers to throw their hats into the app development game. While app development can be tricky for some, you can take an intuitive, beginner-friendly approach to understanding app creation and Apple’s latest iOS platform with the iOS 12 & Xcode 10 Bootcamp, […]