RIP, Roy E Disney, nephew of Walt, son of Roy Sr, at 79, from cancer. Thanks for kicking out Eisner and bringing the company's emphasis back to the Parks.
The younger Disney, born in 1930, worked for the company as a writer and producer. But his most important influence was as a Disney shareholder who led two investor revolts.
In 1984 he led a successful campaign to oust Walt Disney's son-in-law from the company. Nearly 20 years later, he launched another successful shareholder revolt against Michael Eisner.
(Thanks to everyone who sent this in)
(Image: File:Roy_E._Disney.jpg, GNU FDL, Wikimedia Commons)
- Roy Disney demands Eisner's resignation, testicles, still-beating …
- Roy Disney resigns from Disney, slams Eisner – Boing Boing
- SaveDisney: support the dissident Disney board members – Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Haunted Mansion Fan Club calls for Disney boycott
- New Disney princess movie sounds pretty good – Boing Boing
- Imagineering's decline and fall – Boing Boing