Architect Bill Peterson renovated this 14th Street townhouse so that the living room wall rolled up like a garage, leaving it open to the street, with an "air curtain" to keep the heat in: "The hardware on the moving wall is custom, and McLaren Engineering Group, the firm Peterson eventually hired, also works for Cirque du Soleil. 'These guys were like magicians,' he says."
(Image: Stan Wan/New York)
- NYC sidewalk with tourist lane: culprits revealed
- Biplane on NYC skyscraper
- Cydwoq: handmade shoes designed by an LA architect
- Designer secretly builds amazing architectural cipher into $8.5m …
- Fashion of architecture, architecture of fashion
- The crap they built where the beautiful old train stations were …