Germany's Fraunhofer-Institut is making "genetic robots" by using genetic algorithms to design optimal forms: "The optimal form is decided based on a physics engine that takes into account the tasks and terrain and then designs the robot accordingly. The robots are made of ball and socket joints and connecting tubes and can change shape depending on the required tasks. The resulting robot is then 3D printed."
- Genetic algorithm evolves a better car in Flash – Boing Boing
- Genetic Programming: Evolution Of The Mona Lisa – Boing Boing
- Mona Lisa replicated in software "using only 50 semi transparent …
- Radio spontaneously invented by genetic algorithm – Boing Boing
- Similarities between genetic and textual mutations – Boing Boing
- Bizarre walking strategies of artifically evolved organisms …