Bolt Depot's "Fastener Type Chart" is exactly what I need so as not to sound like a total idiot when I come up with some interesting project requiring a certain type of fitting and hie myself to the DIY shop to try to explain what I need to the clerk. More practically, it also gives you the right search terms to use to find the dingus you need.
- Smart auto-sorting bolt/screw/nut box – Boing Boing
- Bolt-shaped salt-and-pepper uses flexible tight coils for …
- SmartBolts change color when they're tight enough – Boing Boing
- Chess pieces made from nuts and bolts – Boing Boing
- HOWTO make a camera stabilizer out of string, a screw and a washer …
- Knipex Pliers Wrenches – Boing Boing