JMG sez, "I made a working clockwork Pac-Man figure that I call 'The Pactuator,' along with its own frame and hand-crank. It's going to be part of a larger project: a playable, mechanical Pac-Man cabinet, called 'Pac Machina.'"
I call it the Pactuator. I kind of fell in love with the little guy, but it's going to be a (long) while before the game is ready. In the meantime I wanted a nice way to display and play with it (and keep myself inspired to finish the full project). To that end, I drew up a feeble pastiche of a Victorian frame with a Pac-Man motif, laser engraved it in some wood, and made a little display, complete with a hand-crank.
- Realistic Pac Man sculpture – Boing Boing
- Voting machine hacked to run Pac-man – Boing Boing
- How Pac Man's ghosts decide what to do: elegant complexity – Boing …
- Roomba Pacman – Boing Boing
- Original Pac-Man sketches – Boing Boing
- Pac-Man and Star Trek cufflinks – Boing Boing
- Heat maps reveal Pac-Man in the moon – Boing Boing
- Play Pacman on the Google home page today – Boing Boing