BoxCar 2D is a genetic algorithm program that runs in your browser to evolve a car that's capable of overcoming various obstacles in its path. It's hypnotic to watch as it progresses from its first stumbling attempts to something quite advanced, and it's hard not to root for the little guy as he finds his way in and out of various pitfalls and local maxima.
- Genetic algorithm evolves a better car in Flash – Boing Boing
- Robots designed by genetic algorithms – Boing Boing
- Genetic Programming: Evolution Of The Mona Lisa – Boing Boing
- Radio spontaneously invented by genetic algorithm – Boing Boing
- Hyper-evolved keyboard layout via genetic algorithms – Boing Boing
- Similarities between genetic and textual mutations – Boing Boing