A cache of Wikileaks Cablegate cables disclose that Saudi Royals — with collusion of the religious police — throw wild drug- and alcohol-fuelled parties, sponsored by western energy beverage companies, despite the strict rules in Saudi Arabia and the harsh penalties imposed on everyday people for their violation.
¶2. (C) Along with over 150 young Saudis (men and women mostly in their 20's and early 30's), ConGenOffs accepted invitations to an underground Halloween party at PrinceXXXXXXXXXXXX residence in Jeddah on XXXXXXXXXXXX. Inside the gates, past the XXXXXXXXXXXX security guards and after the abaya coat-check, the scene resembled a nightclub anywhere outside the Kingdom: plentiful alcohol, young couples dancing, a DJ at the turntables, and everyone in costume. Funding for the party came from a corporate sponsor, XXXXXXa U.S.-based energy-drink company as well as from the princely host himself.
- Mariah Carey vs. Saudi Photoshop Censors: Boing Boing's exclusive …
- Report: Saudi Arabia and RIM reach BlackBerry deal – Boing Boing
- Saudi woman beats up religious cop – Boing Boing
- Wajeha Al Huwaider, a woman, driving in Saudi Arabia – Boing Boing
- Saudi Arabia government to behead man for practicing witchcraft …