Pure evil causes birth defects

35 Responses to “Pure evil causes birth defects”

1. David Costa says:

“I don’t know where penguinchris got this. But it’s amazing.”

He re-tweeted it via Charlie Stross, I believe

• penguinchris says:

For the record, as with many of the best things on Twitter, I saw it via William Gibson (@GreatDismal:twitter  ) who retweeted it from Charlie Stross who linked to the image. I quote-retweeted it @ Maggie because I knew she’d like it. The “via trail” breaks down quickly on Twitter.

2. greebo says:

I’m going to use this to teach my grad students how to present their research. The description of the experiment and results is excellent. Wonder if their posters will turn out this wonderful.

3. xzzy says:

The 1000ppm subject should become a hollywood movie.

Cast has to include Samuel Jackson.

4. signsofrain says:

Watermark says image comes from here: http://jerryabuan.zenfolio.com/

5. Cormacolinde says:

The reference to Time Bandits is awesome.

6. bcsizemo says:

I think this might have been a middle school presentation by Ellen Ripley…

7. Such beauty!  I weep in  the presence of its genius!

8. Leigh Ann H. says:

It’s from Allison Lonsdale, as another poster has pointed out.  She’s also known for her song “LOL Together”, a parody of The Beatles’ “Come Together.”

9. Philbert_Crenshaw says:

but…but… that’s the BLUND bear, a most excellent bear beloved by millions, and most particularly by my daughter… to see him spindled and mutilated and so cruelly displayed, it’s… it’s almost too much. For the love of Jeebus, he’s got his own photostream on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/blundbear/ !

Not to mention that IKEA stopped selling them and the little beggar will set you back $30.00 on e-bay. Dr. Von Lonsdale has made a serious investment in her research.

10. zachstronaut says:

Scientific Theory Slam in poster format.  This needs to be a thing.

11. silkox says:

I do wish these things would use proper binomial nomenclature formatting.

12. markbellis says:

photographed at Conjecture 2010 in San Diego by Jerry Abuan.
    And here’s her blog:  http://caprine.livejournal.com/

13. lknope says:

Who knows what evil lurks in the uteri of Teddy Bears?

14. dick cheney’s daughter seems ok.

15. Lobster says:

#8 looks like it was born with its head up its own ass.  Future politician?

16. professorpitbull says:

This would be a perfect post for the SCP Foundation!

Now off to lose a few hours of productivity perusing their wiki…

17. milkman says:

I hope every one of my daughter’s projects in school are inspired by this.

18. CountZero says:

I have a teddy with two heads, three arms, and a patch over one eye…

19. That_Anonymous_Coward says:

I will find this “Doctor” and I will teach this “Doctor” pain for subjecting innocent teddy bears to medical torture in the name of “science”.
    *goes to find torches and pitchforks*

20. Will Dunwiddie says:

With Dick Cheney’s recent heart transplant, scientists now have a rich new source of pure evil for future research.

21. It’s nice to see a big bold copyright notice slapped on the _photograph_ of the poster. Because, y’know, there’s where the creative work went. Whenever I photocopy a book from the library, I make sure to put _my_ copyright notice in the corner too, because that’s my property (the fruits of my labor, after all!) and I want to make sure everyone on the internet knows.