Andrew Keen, notorious spammer, failed Web 1.0 entrepreneur, blog-hating blogger, and luddite troll author of Cult of the Amateur, appeared on the Colbert Report last evening. It's well worth watching.
(Slightly paraphrased transcript:)
Colbert: I thought the Internets was building our culture.
Keen: No, it's destroying our culture.
Colbert: I can go on the Internet and find pictures of any old art I want. That's culture, isn't it?
Keen: That's stealing our culture.
Colbert: But it's still culture. The Nazis stole culture, but it was still culture.
Keen: It's worse than that… Even the Nazis didn't put artists out of work.
Its gets even better from there. Link
Previously on Boing Boing:
• Andrew Keen compliments Boing Boing in WSJ
• The internet is impurifying our precious bodily fluids, Mandrake
• Shirky explains why Keen is a Luddite
• Clay Shirky defends the Internet
• Andrew Keen, luddite troll author, and now — spammer