* Jason Day says, "My wife made a Buffy-themed diorama ("Bunny the Vampire Slayer") for the Chicago Tribune's Peeps diorama contest (craftzine blogged about the contest here). She didn't finish by the deadline, but it turned out really well, and just in time for Easter."
* "Fear of Flight," a stop-motion short in which an Easter peep meets an untimely demise. (thanks, Billy)
* Reader Brian H. would like all peep-lovers in Boingdom to know about "two dioramas that were rejected from The Chicago Tribune's Peeps contest. One revolves around a black metal band playing a high school and the dire consequences therein, and the other is a simple tribute to an old Edward Gorey book."
* This week's edition of Web Zen, which is regularly re-blogged here on Boing Boing, is all about peeps, cadbury bunnies, and other anthropomorphic cavity inducers.
* And Sarah O'Sullivan says,
Last year BoingBoing featured my husband Dan Paddock's and my entry into our local newspaper's Easter marshmallow peeps diorama contest (York Daily Record, York, PA.) Our diorama, "We Come In Peeps," won second place.
We thought you might like to see this year's entry, "Peepzilla, King of All Marshmallows." And no, I don't know which marshmallow bunny is Raymond Burr.
“Chinese technology companies are shaping new facial recognition and surveillance standards at the UN, according to leaked documents, as they try to open up new markets in the developing world for their cutting-edge technologies,” reports the Financial Times in a piece making the rounds on Monday.
In the early days of the web, everyone wanted a .com domain for their site. As a result, all the good ones got snapped up. But .com no longer has the cachet it once did. In fact, many new businesses and individuals are opting for other top-level domain extensions. One of the most memorable is […]
When the SNES launched back in the early 1990s, it changed gaming forever. One of the innovations was a gamepad with four action buttons — something that has remained a constant on controllers ever since. The 8BitDo SN30 Bluetooth Gamepad brings that iconic design up to date, with Bluetooth connectivity and support for multiple platforms. […]
After a long day at work, cooking a meal from scratch can seem like too much trouble. Unfortunately, the alternative is usually something unhealthy. Enter the Mellow Sous Vide Precision Cooker. This compact water bath uses cutting-edge technology to cook meat and veggies at the perfect temperature for exactly the right amount of time. It […]