Indiana cops caught a fugitive by getting Blizzard to turn over the IP address from which he was playing World of Warcraft:
Howard County, Indiana Sheriff Department Deputy Matt Roberson tracked down fugitive Alfred Hightower via the hugely popular massively multiplayer online game. Hightower was wanted on several counts of drug dealing but had fled the country to Canada.
After finding out Hightower was a WoW fan, Roberson sent a subpoena to the game's maker, Blizzard Entertainment. With the information they sent back, Roberson was able to pinpoint the perp's location.
- Man "wins" World of Warcraft Boing Boing
- Your World of Warcraft toon on a poster Boing Boing
- World of Warcraft as everyday life in China – Boing Boing
- Giant World of Warcraft tankard – Boing Boing
- Gamerkitsch Warcraft steins – Boing Boing
- World of World of Warcraft: the future of gaming – Boing Boing
- Pacifist Warcraft player trying to hit the top without killing …
- Warcraft Identity of Obama's FCC Transition Team Co-Chair Revealed …