MAKE Volume 22 is on newsstands now! Automate your world with remote control. From pet care to power outlets, from toys to telepresence, we'll show you how to add a joystick, push-button, twist-knob, or timer to just about anything.
Remote control projects in MAKE Volume 22 include:
- The Lawnbot400 R/C lawn mower–sit back and enjoy the mow!
- Kitty Twitty cat toy that tweets (on Twitter) when your cat attacks
- Automated chicken coop controlled by iPhone
- Motion-detecting Nikon camera remote
- Stealthy TV-B-Gone hoodie sweatshirt that turns off TV sets
- Remote control pet feeder using web chat
- Solar tracking platform that automatically follows the sun
- How to hack R/C power outlets–control your whole house from one computer
- Robots you can control with your mind! (Okay, this one involves a trick, but it's still cool)
In addition, you'll learn how to:
- Replace your broken iPhone screen
- Make the Double Pendulum–a simple project that creates absolute chaos
- Make fresh cheese from goat's milk
- Make a monster USB MIDI controller with 8 microphones
- Extract your own perfumes and essential oils
- Wind your own electric guitar pickups, and make a Diddley Bow (the primal electric guitar made famous by Jack White of The White Stripes)
Plus, filmmaker and YouTube sensation PES shows how he creates his amazing stop-motion animation; and 8 top hobbyists and industry leaders tell what's hot in Remote Control. What on earth are foamies, Frankensteining, and aqua modeling? Get MAKE Volume 22 and find out.