Whomever currently owns the much-passed-around "Commodore USA" corporate trademarks is shipping a modern Commodore 64 clone ("It's back… and better than ever! The new Commodore 64 is a modern functional PC as close to the original in design as humanly possible. It houses a modern mini-ITX PC motherboard featuring a Dual Core 525 Atom processor and the latest Nvidia Ion2 graphics chipset. It comes in the original taupe brown/beige color, with other colors to follow.").
Pretty high-spec for a C64! They're doing more colors soon, It looks like they're also planning a bunch of other retro-PCs: some Amigas, a Phoenix, and some alternate-universe high-end Commodore products from a timeline in which the original company didn't go belly up.
(via Oh Gizmo)
- Comrade Commodore Unicorn – Boing Boing
- Commodore 64 unboxing – Boing Boing
- Commodore 64 laptop – Boing Boing
- Nigerian Letter scammer convinced to carve replica Commodore 64 …
- Twitter comes to the Commodore 64 – Boing Boing
- Commodore netbook doesn't contain SID chip – Boing Boing
- Vintage Commodore 64 porn. Link – Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Turn WordPress blogs into Commodore 64s