BRC Designs's "Binary Low Table" is made out of computer junk; it's a lovely piece of furniture, but it looks like it'd be prone to snagging and tearing clothes and exposed skin (and it'd be a major pain to dust!).
Inspired by pallets of obsolete computers and electronics that were collecting dust in a local warehouse. The table structure is made from the metal from computer towers that are riveted together and bent to the proper form. The surface is completely covered with a collage of motherboards, computer chips, led screens and hard drive disks held in place by sheet metal screws. The glass from the table was salvaged from an abandoned warehouse.
- Coffee table made from old computer parts – Boing Boing
- Coffee table looks like a Venn diagram – Boing Boing
- Coffee table/magazine stand – Boing Boing
- The Periodic Coffee Table – Boing Boing
- Vintage Ram's Head Coffee Table – Boing Boing
- Abu Ghraib coffee table – Boing Boing
- Plasticized fabric-draped coffee table – Boing Boing