• David Pierce at The Verge reviewed the LG Nitro HD. The lowdown? Don't bother, because better stuff is on the way.
• At Ars Technica, Ben Kuchera loves Serious Sam 3, a "hardcore, difficult, and lovely" FPS. It's available for Windows. At the other end of the gaming spectrum, John Walker reviews cute, curious explore-em-up Botanicula at Rock, Paper, Shotgun: "a stunning game, even in its incomplete form..."
• Marco Arment checks out some of the latest e-Readers, and likes the basic Kindle most of all.
• Joanna Stern, also at The Verge, likes Toshiba's ultrabook, but not an awful lot.
• Bonus review! The Awl's Choire Sicha reviews Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Honeywell).
Senator and 2020 US presidential candidate Bernie Sanders’ “High-Speed Internet For All” plan, unveiled today, promises $150 billion to build publicly owned broadband networks — and to break the chokehold that Comcast, Verizon, and AT&T have on Americans’ access to information and communication.
Women and girls, Uber at your own risk.
When it comes to the qualities of a good project manager, you hear a lot of talk about “soft skills” like leadership ability and confidence. And where does confidence come from? It comes from people who are dead certain they know the right steps to take. In other words, you’ve got to master the hard […]
You might know someone who can make a pipe out of any conceivable household object. But if they’re doing it every time they smoke, it might be time to get them a little Christmas present. And we’ve got just the thing: The Twisty™️ Glass Original Combo Pack, priced way, way down for December. If you’ve […]
With all the revolutionary tech that’s out there, it’s pretty sad that finding a simple stud in your wall can feel like dowsing for water. This can be equally true whether you’re using a magnetic finder and it’s reliance on “feel,” or an electronic unit that can give fuzzy readings (especially when the batteries are […]