• David Pierce at The Verge reviewed the LG Nitro HD. The lowdown? Don't bother, because better stuff is on the way.
• At Ars Technica, Ben Kuchera loves Serious Sam 3, a "hardcore, difficult, and lovely" FPS. It's available for Windows. At the other end of the gaming spectrum, John Walker reviews cute, curious explore-em-up Botanicula at Rock, Paper, Shotgun: "a stunning game, even in its incomplete form..."
• Marco Arment checks out some of the latest e-Readers, and likes the basic Kindle most of all.
• Joanna Stern, also at The Verge, likes Toshiba's ultrabook, but not an awful lot.
• Bonus review! The Awl's Choire Sicha reviews Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Honeywell).
We presume it can tell by the pixels.
This alarmingly funny video shows an “Apple Engineer” explaining the company’s forthcoming $999 monitor stand. This guy is better than the “Downfall” meme! Also funny: to see people who had complained vocally about Apple’s lack of truly “pro” gear denouncing it when it finally came along, because it was too pro. Perhaps Apple should have […]
Finally. It’s been almost 3 years.
With the quick-fix appeal of video games and their own cell phones, it can be tough to keep kids focused on supposedly “educational” toys. And while it may seem counter-intuitive to fight tech with more tech, we’re all in when it comes to the Toybox 3D Printer. We’re not sure if anyone had envisioned a […]
Whether you’re an artist, designer or just organizing a photo album, photo editing software is a must. And software designers know it: Platforms like Photoshop and Lightroom have a ton of helpful features, but you’ll pay for them in spades. Luckily, there’s some competition in the photo editing arena. Right now, Skylum’s Luminar software is […]
Who needs a holiday sale? Sometimes there’s no better time than the thick of summer to find deals. We should know – we’ve found ten deep discounts on some must-have items. Whether you’re searching for CBD edibles, exercise gear, chargers or other tech, take a look. But don’t look long – these prices aren’t likely […]