Prince's Paisley Park
, now a museum, is seeking an archives supervisor to "actively work in the care, catalog, storage and preservation of all artifacts and archival materials; the care, cleaning, and monitoring of all exhibits." According to the job requirements, "Some knowledge of Prince is helpful." From the job listing at the American Alliance of Museums site
- Actively work in the care, catalog, storage and preservation of all artifacts and archival materials; the care, cleaning, and monitoring of all exhibits.
- Maintain and Update the archival database system.
- Monitor the trafficking of archive inventory.
- Assist the appropriate staff in having access to the archives collection as required.
- Travel/act as a courier of artifacts to locations where artifacts are to be displayed including the setting up and taking down of exhibits in these locations.
- Execute, maintain, and provide accurate conditioning reports for all items being moved from storage for exhibition.
- Ensure that the collections manual, preservation plans and archives emergency plan are observed.
- Locate, retrieve, and prepare artifacts for display/loans.
- Ensure the integrity of the collection in maintained at all times.
- Oversea all cleaning of exhibit spaces.
- Work with outside vendors to schedule monthly, quarterly and annual cleaning.
- Assist with Archives long term planning, conservation goals and preservation needs.
- Photograph and or scan artifacts when needed.
- Assist with exhibition installs.
- Maintain displayed artifacts in proper environment, eliminate risk to artifacts.
- Assist Director of Archives with coordinating activities involving the maintenance, preservation and mansion upkeep.
- Ensure the integrity of the exhibitions are maintained at all times.
- Assist other departments with general research/fact checking, research use of the collection
- Assist with the training staff in methods and procedures for the database system, in collection preparation and care, and in exhibit development and installation.
- Assist with the supervision the daily activities of the archives staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of archives staff.
- Perform the job of courier when needed
- Other duties as required.
In 1969, Herbie Hancock found the funk for a collection of music he composed for “Hey, Hey, Hey, It’s Fat Albert,” a TV special that eventually led to the long-running cartoon “Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids.” Hancock collected those tracks on Fat Albert Rotunda, the band leader’s first LP after bailing on the Blue […]
Now that’s my kind of pyramid. FAITHLESS / Operators Released April 5th, 2019 produced by Napster Vertigo and Arlen Thompson Visuals by Caleb Bardgett and Johnny Dunn Operators is on tour; check them out on Spotify or Amazon if it’s your cup of tea,
Come on down and, more to the point, get on down to this full version of “Starcrossed,” one of the many disco jams from Score Productions used as a musical cue on The Price is Right starting in 1976. Also, I hadn’t realized before that Crystal Waters’ 2001 cover of Score Productions’ “Come on Down,” […]
Ever wonder if you’re cleaning your teeth well enough? If your last dentist visit has you getting a little more thorough about oral care, it might be time to save yourself some guesswork. A lot of electric toothbrushes promise deep cleaning, but there’s a Platinum Sonic Toothbrush that has power plus the simple but effective […]
The digital age is well and truly upon us, but let’s not forget there’s a load of free TV content floating literally over our heads. No, we’re not talking about the internet. Signals from major broadcast networks are still gratis for anyone who can pick them up with an antenna. And before you envision those […]
Who said LEGO® had to be ground bound? With The Force Flyers DIY Building Block Fly ‘n Drive Drone, you can turn LEGO® and other building-block creations into fully-functional flying machines. It’s available now in the Boing Boing Store for $39.99. This kit comes with everything you need for remote-controlled long distance flight, including a […]