Prince's Paisley Park
, now a museum, is seeking an archives supervisor to "actively work in the care, catalog, storage and preservation of all artifacts and archival materials; the care, cleaning, and monitoring of all exhibits." According to the job requirements, "Some knowledge of Prince is helpful." From the job listing at the American Alliance of Museums site
- Actively work in the care, catalog, storage and preservation of all artifacts and archival materials; the care, cleaning, and monitoring of all exhibits.
- Maintain and Update the archival database system.
- Monitor the trafficking of archive inventory.
- Assist the appropriate staff in having access to the archives collection as required.
- Travel/act as a courier of artifacts to locations where artifacts are to be displayed including the setting up and taking down of exhibits in these locations.
- Execute, maintain, and provide accurate conditioning reports for all items being moved from storage for exhibition.
- Ensure that the collections manual, preservation plans and archives emergency plan are observed.
- Locate, retrieve, and prepare artifacts for display/loans.
- Ensure the integrity of the collection in maintained at all times.
- Oversea all cleaning of exhibit spaces.
- Work with outside vendors to schedule monthly, quarterly and annual cleaning.
- Assist with Archives long term planning, conservation goals and preservation needs.
- Photograph and or scan artifacts when needed.
- Assist with exhibition installs.
- Maintain displayed artifacts in proper environment, eliminate risk to artifacts.
- Assist Director of Archives with coordinating activities involving the maintenance, preservation and mansion upkeep.
- Ensure the integrity of the exhibitions are maintained at all times.
- Assist other departments with general research/fact checking, research use of the collection
- Assist with the training staff in methods and procedures for the database system, in collection preparation and care, and in exhibit development and installation.
- Assist with the supervision the daily activities of the archives staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of archives staff.
- Perform the job of courier when needed
- Other duties as required.
Welcome to the Bike Pump Music Channel. Previously: Jurassic Park Theme Song (Melodica Cover)
Can’t help but get choked up watching Freddie Mercury belt out this recently unearthed, and undeniably poignant, “Time Waits For No One:” “For the first time ever, after four decades buried deep in the vaults, a previously unreleased version of ‘Time’, recorded in 1986 by Freddie Mercury for the concept album of the hit musical […]
Here’s an amazingly huge collection of “tape experimentation, industrial, avant-garde, indy, rock, diy, subvertainment and auto-hypnotic materials” posted to archive.org. Completists who want this on a hard drive or USB stick can download the entire collection in a tar file here. Here’s the torrent file. This collection is a compilation of underground/independently-released cassette tapes from […]
Looking for a new tablet? If you haven’t upgraded in a while, it might be time to check out the latest iPad Pro for two very good reasons. First, the 2018 model is a real workhorse. The 12X Bionic chip processor means it can handle any task you set out for it, and still have […]
You want wireless earbuds to make an impact on your mood and workout, not the environment. If that’s the case, we’ve got a new contender for AirPod market share: Brio Phantom X7 True Wireless Earbuds. The features on these tiny, comfortable buds are impressive even without the environmental angle. Their Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity is good […]
We don’t ask for much out of our charging cables: Juice up our phone, do it fast and don’t break. It’s supposed to be simple, but keeping your phone plugged in for the night – as most of us do – can actually degrade the life of your battery by overheating it. That’s why one […]