Soviet propaganda cartoon DVDs

9 Responses to “Soviet propaganda cartoon DVDs”

1. Stuart Ellis says:

This looks like an abreviated vesion of the four DVD set that was released by Jove Film back a while back (and appears to be out of print).

2. Scoutmaster says:

I buy everything I see. I have so much money and no standards whatsoever. I even have a robo goat on order. Keep ‘em coming.

3. steinum says:

“#6 posted by It’s not enough to think like Soupy Sales, you have to BE Soupy Sales , November 4, 2007 6:33 PM:

Teresa Nielsen Hayden/Moderator must go!”

why? why should i or other persons care. Just saying the moderator must go is not enough. Please provide proof other wise i wouldn’t mind you being deleted. You provide no argument or links. so its a wasted effort.

4. kip w says:

My wife ordered these for her library, thinking I’d find them interesting, and they have turned out to be seriously popular. I thought there were five or six disks — maybe it keeps changing — but it was expensive enough that I couldn’t have bought it for myself.

5. tehmoth says:

TSOL: and the flouride in the water is for mind control.

6. Chris Tucker says:

Does it have the “Worker and Parasite” cartoons?

7. Flying Squid says:

Jove has put out some great stuff, but they have some copyright issues that bother me. Despite the law, as far as I know, saying that anything made in the USSR before 1972 was public domain, they claim to own the rights on a lot of that footage.

8. Sissy Willis says:

Of course you don’t have to be oppressed or illiterate to buy the Big Lie. I was delighted to see TSOL’s reference and a link to one of my own favorite posts on the subject, “Chomsky, Moore, Fisk: Pathetic membots running the program of a dead tyrant” in the comments above.

9. Toby says:

The four disc version is on netflix.