Disney/Star Wars inspired visual mashups

10 Responses to “Disney/Star Wars inspired visual mashups”

1. Teresa Nielsen Hayden / Moderator says:

Antinous: Does it count as common if it’s always the same one or two people, posting under a variety of names?

One of the things I’ve had to get used to in moderating Boing Boing is that enough people see the boingers as celebrities that we actually get stalkers and hostile obsessives.

The moral, I suppose, is that if it seems to you that a lot of commenters on Boing Boing are suddenly taking a particular line, there’s a good possibility that it’s all the same commenter.

2. Bonnie says:

Why the heck does Alice have a Sith-colored lightsaber? Still, pretty dang cool.

3. Takuan says:

who said Alice was good?

4. Bonnie says:

@Takuan: Good point. She always seemed annoying to me. Maybe she was playing for the dark side this whole time after all!

5. Antinous says:

Darthshelby,

Please tell the guy that’s holding the gun to your head and forcing you to read this post that he has my permission to pull the trigger. kthxbye.

6. Antinous says:

You whined because Cory didn’t call you this morning to see what you wanted him to post today. If it doesn’t entertain you, move on to the next post. Start your own blog and you can put whatever you want on it. Then we can all come over and complain that you’re not amusing us.

7. Antinous says:

Vocabulary word of the week: disingenuous

8. Teresa Nielsen Hayden / Moderator says:

Antinous, sorry for leaving your posts without their referents. DarthShelby has been held for questioning.

Bonnie, this makes me want to see the wicked versions of all of Disney’s ingenues.

9. License Farm says:

Apelad posted some pics on his Flickr stream months back of the official Disney/Star Wars mash-up merch that inspired this series. I remember at the time thinking that Pegleg Pete and not Goofy should have been cast as Vader.

But I also recalled a vinyl LP I had as a kid and may still possess in storage called Irwin & the Ducks From Space, an obvious Star Wars cash-in by a kids record producer to string studio song covers together into a weak storyline. The hero looked like Donald Duck wearing a Yorkshire Terrier on his head to resemble Mark Hamill.

10. Antinous says:

T,

Regular readers will likely be able to figure out the missing pieces quite easily. The theme has been so common lately, it’s starting to look like there’s a heretofore undiscovered phrasebook for tourists who want to speak basic Whine.