Cement-bag Bellows in Lamu
Adam and Abdul make all types of items, but they told me that their main products are anchors, which range from small to large (2000-5000/= or $26-65) and, chisels and coconut shellers. They create a lot of the small metal pieces on the local dhows, and also make doors and window frames for the homes in the town. Really, they can make just about anything that you desire, like experienced metal workers anywhere in the world. What's amazing is what they do it with.
- Afrigadgets: homemade model airplane from Kenya - Boing Boing
- A DIY manufacturing event for Africa, "Maker-style," in 2009 ...
- DIY gadgets in Africa: the knife-sharpening bicycle - Boing Boing
- Africa: small-scale generator powered by sugar and yeast (video ...
- Reuse and ingenuity in Nairobi's metalworking industry - Boing Boing
- DIY gadgets in Africa: homemade welding machine - Boing Boing