Kinect-controlled Disneyland sim lets you hug Mickey

10 Responses to “Kinect-controlled Disneyland sim lets you hug Mickey”

1. Nonentity says:

That Star Wars demo in the first half was painful to watch. Reminded me of every platform game I’ve ever played with a bad control scheme, rolled up into one. I’d put it down to the player being distracted by giving the presentation, but even when he was actively bobbing around it looked like it wasn’t doing what he intended half of the time.

2. sten says:

“My colleagues at Lucasfilm and I applied our skills, knowledge, and creativity to make the company an industry leader,” said Siddharth Hariharan, a former Lucasfilm employee who filed the class action suit and is listed as the plaintiff. “It’s disappointing that, while we were working hard to make terrific products that resulted in enormous profits for Lucasfilm, senior executives of the company cut deals with other premiere high tech companies to eliminate competition and cap pay for skilled employees,” Hariharan said in a statement.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20059875-38.html#ixzz1OVhRpPTV

3. kspraydad says:

You can skip to 2:30 for the DL stuff.

Yeah for minigames wrapped in a Disney shell that have been done by Wii and Eyetoy years before. Progress!

4. hassenpfeffer says:

The important question: Does the game allow you to strangle and eviscerate the annoying, overcopyrighted beast?

5. Lobster says:

So, when I hug Mickey I can feel him in my arms, right? They won’t just completely pass through him because this is purely optical? Oh, they will? Then I’m not hugging Mickey, now am I?

6. EricT says:

Hugging Mickey is just the first level. On the second there’s kissing, on the third there’s heavy petting, and I believe in the final level the Seven Dwarfs get involved.

7. caipirina says:

Just having survived 2 days at Euro Disney, I wonder if the simulation includes constant tripping over strollers, running into kids with ice-cream, the 110minute waiting line experience and the mental shock when seeing the prices for food and drink :)