RAW Week: 23 Skidoo + 5 -- Robert Anton Wilson Again, By Loren Coleman

10 Responses to “RAW Week: 23 Skidoo + 5 -- Robert Anton Wilson Again, By Loren Coleman”

1. Mujokan says:

23, 33, and but not gasp 11!

Mind = blown.

I thought 23 skidoo was about the wind blowing up women’s skirts near the Flatiron Building. But don’t look into it too closely. It doesn’t matter how many times we’ve seen these things. Every time these objects are presented to us, we have to look. We cannot not look. To men, it is like the nearest thing to a nearby UFO landing. That’s what it is.

2. nem0fazer says:

I was introduced to the Illuminatus books by a school friend (Simon “Fritz” Catlin) as teenagers in the 70s. He named his band 23 skidoo and this is the first time I’ve realised there’s a connection. Ooops. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_Skidoo_(band)

3. Brent Emerson says:

Interested in the deep mechanisms behind the natural recurrence of 23?  I draw your attention to http://oxhouse.org/~brent/etc/23.pdf

4. David Pescovitz says:

What a terrific piece. I love hearing how so many of the people who influenced me in very different ways were connected… as friends.

5. farrellmcgovern says:

I ran across RAW in High School…in grade 11. I was teaching myself about Quantum Physics, and had just read The Dancing Wu-Li Masters, when I noticed in the Science Fiction section of the school library a trilogy of books with the title of Schrödinger’s cat Trilogy. So I read them…and that changed my life. I became a Discordian on June 21st, 1980 when I dedicated myself to Eris. These days, I manage the “Eris, Goddess of Discord” homepage on Facebook. Come over and toss a golden apple and chat about Mordecai the Foul (aka RAW)!https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eris-Goddess-of-Discord/12083861001

• Brent Emerson says:

Between 1 and 20, that is…  :)  The experimental confirmation that odd and prime numbers seem more random to humans is interesting.

6. hypersomniac says: