Audrey Kawasaki: exclusive first look at new paintings

14 Responses to “Audrey Kawasaki: exclusive first look at new paintings”

1. Truly magnificent. I’m finding the new, “low-brow” art movement full of young, creative talent that is producing a wide variety of wonderful work. I’m also very fond, like you are, of the work of Mark Ryden. Crystal Wall Lancaster is also worthy of attention.

2. Sekino says:

I like how she’s getting into ‘fuller’ compositions with backgrounds, but I’ll always have a soft spot for the ones that seem to emerge out of the plain wood. That last one is a-ma-zing.

3. WOW….amazing! Love your choice of colors and the feelings I got when observing them.  Great work and I want something!

4. Jooley says:

Oh my god, I wish I could own the snake skeletons one and the bunny one BOTH. I’m loving how must more saturated in color her works have become.

5. SiD says:

Inspiring and beautiful!

6. Christopher Miller says:

Maybe it’s just me but these works seem very Trevor Brown-ish. I can never seem to find prints of stuff like this. She only has a single print for sale on her website right now for instance, and not the one I want.

7. Spitty Sumo says:

she’s a bit of a one-trick pony (with bedroom eyes).  it’s a lovely trick, i agree, but it’s only One trick.

8. Yes, but I never seem to tire of them. They are all beautiful. Loving them.

9. Jakki says:

I LOVE Audrey’s work!! So beautiful, the details are always so amazing. I love the woodcut look in these ones :)

10. Lootche Dub says:

You’ re a great artist Audrey, in your paintings , faces types really look like my girlfriend face. I begin to think you had seen her before  :)       Thanks for you…
    Loo

11. Nico Veenkamp says:

Great paintings. Some of them remind me of drawings by Aubrey Beardsley.

12. Layne says:

Typically wonderful stuff from Audrey…
    I just love the way the wood grain weaves itself into the work w/o being a gimmick.

Are her paintings oil or a lighter medium like tempera?

13. I’m not the biggest fan of what Audrey’s done here. To clarify, I love her previous work. It is stunning. I appreciate that she’s trying to do something different, but for me it’s not entirely working and I’ve narrowed it down – the black colour-blocking thing really doesn’t do it for me. I think her forte is her use of muted colours. Would love to see what she came up with if she worked in the same soft colours, but with totally different subject matter…

14. Scott Elyard says:

Wow. The one with the snake skeleton is stunning.