21 Responses to “Woman whose ex- won't return her suitcase retaliates by auctioning the locations of his secret fishing holes”

1. curiousrobot says:

Well, there you go, kids. Be careful who you share your holes with.

2. Nash Rambler says:

Seems fair, but this sounds like a perfect case for Judge John Hodgeman.

3. welcomeabored says:

Once again history is written to favor the winner.

I can remember when knowing the locations of my mother’s favorite wild blackberry-picking spots were a closely held family secret.  Divulging that information to an ‘outsider’ would have gotten me a dressing down.

• invictus says:

To be fair, she got dressed down (so to speak) before she ever divulged any locations.

(yes, there are some assumptions being made here)

4. Christopher says:

I think she was too quick to give the information away. She should have  contacted him and offered to withhold the locations of his fishin’ holes in exchange for the suitcase.

5. lknope says:

You keep not using that word.  I think it means what you do not think it means.

6. MB44 says:

What an important suitcase to give up years of this guy’s greatest passion and hundreds of hours of searching and experimenting! I can see why he packed up and fled the country rather than be with this asshole for one more second!

• invictus says:

How prescient of him to know this would happen. Why, he kept the suitcase not in a fit of angry spite, but as compensation for the tens — nay, hundreds! — of hours he’ll have to spend looking for new fishing holes, rather than commute back to his old stomping grounds from whatever country he fled to.

• howaboutthisdangit says:

Cry me a river.

He fled the country, as you have pointed out.  He has no use for those coordinates. She apparently wanted to keep that suitcase, though.

I’d try to prosecute the thief.  HE’s the only asshole here.

• Sekino says:

Who are you to judge what objects can and cannot hold sentimental value? Maybe the suitcase is a memento from a dead relative or holds memories of travels from her youth? Regardless, it is her property, he took it AND refused to return it which is pretty assholish right there. He’s in a bad position to call the kettle black.

7. Why does he need the coordinates if he’s left the country? Won’t he find new fishing holes in the country he’s in?

8. Scratcheee says:

I traded my fishin’ hole coordinates to Newman, and all I got was a bunch of worthless bunion stories.

9. Antinous / Moderator says:

Given that he fled the country, why would he care?

10. SuperMatt says:

Speaking of fishing, is it weird that I feel like I clicked on linkbait from somebody fishing for pageviews?

11. plyx says:

Let me get this straight, she’s some kind of fishing groupie? A Grouperie, even?

12. James Hoover says:

‘fled the country’ are her words. We dont know if miss potters ex was gone for good or (presumably since he got upset) planning to return after a while to resume his fishing lifestyle. She describes him as sucessful but doesn’t say if its a hobby or it could be tied to his profession. Either way the woman has a cruel sence of humor to ‘have a laugh’ by betraying a deeply held trust. my opinion is miss potter acted rashly, has regrets, and is now telling the story in such a way to gain support for her carelessness.

Also, One does not simply return the suitcase.

13. cdh1971 says:

Now you’re the prettiest by far
    Is that what you’re into him and you in the nude
    It glittered and it gleamed
    That’s what he’s prepared to do
    It glittered and it gleamed
    Is that the kinda thing that you think you might be into
    In the buff being rude
    In the fountains pink champagne
    Doing stuff with the food
    Getting lewd with his food
    In the heart shaped pool of fame
    We heard that’s what you are into
    Kiss them for me — I may find myself delayed

14. SamSam says:

I’m confused why she didn’t start releasing one set of coordinates per day (or even just the lat or long to draw it out more) until he returned it.

Someone hasn’t watched enough hostage movies.