Kirby sez, "The December 2009 copy of Garden Railways magazine features an article about the Castle Peak & Thunder Railroad, a Disneyland Park themed, 1370 sq. foot, 1:24 scale model backyard railroad. The CPTRR, like its inspiration, is located in Anaheim, CA.
It was built by Dave Sheegog, an architect who was a former Cast Member on the Canoes at Disneyland.
He built replicas of all 5 Disneyland Steam locomotives and purchased a Casey Jr. locomotive. He scratch built all scenery to match Disneyland including replicas of the Main Street Train Station, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Sleeping Beauty Castle. Parts of Storybook Land, Big Thunder Mountain, Primeval World and the old Skull Rock are also included."
- DIY railroad in Russia – Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Disneyland reopens Walt's private railroad car
- Do not send your children out on railroad tracks to pick coal …
- Weird railroad vehicles – Boing Boing
- Model-railroad-sim controller – Boing Boing
- Jewelry made from model railroad landscapes – Boing Boing
- X-rated miniature railroad models – Boing Boing