An enterprising fellow in Christchurch is auctioning off the 25-tonne boulder that destroyed his building as a "landscape feature" with proceeds going to the ChCh Earthquake Relief Fund. He calls the rock "Rocky."
He is in pristine condition (just a little bit of concrete dust). Suitable for garden feature, or as in our case a magnificent addition to your living area.
Rocky will enhance your "indoor outdoor" flow considerably, especially if you load him in through the garage roof like we did.
Sorry, but we are unable to deliver Rocky but would be happy for you to pick him up and roll him away (please mind our neighbours when you do) :-)
(Thanks, Aeon, via Submitterator!)
- Google App to help locate people in Christchurch quake – UPDATED …
- Weta collectibles auction to benefit Christchurch quake victims …
- Why was the Christchurch Earthquake so destructive? – Boing Boing
- Christchurch Earthquake: Kiwis hurt but not low – Boing Boing
- Demonstrating earthquake liquefaction in a wheelbarrow – Boing Boing