UK retailer Tesco is hiring "Christmas Light Untanglers" so they can provide this new service at their stores.
Ideal candidates are "able to untangle 3 meters of Christmas lights in under three minutes" and "passionate about Christmas."
From the job description at Tesco Careers:
Your roles and responsiblities will include:
• Man and managing the Christmas Lights Untangling stand
• Taking time to listen and help out wherever you can: Every little helps
• Check lights and bulbs for signs of breakage / broken bulbs and report findings to the customer
• Handle customers Christmas lights carefully to keep everything in tip-top condition
• Talking to colleagues, sharing your enthusiasm and helping to create team spirit
• Getting to know your customers, greet them with a smile and serve them with pride.
• Give a brilliant customer experience, making sure you deliver only the best service and put a smile on customers faces
• Successfully untangle customers Christmas lights neatly, quickly and efficiently and in an orderly fashion
• Abide by our Health and Safety policies
• Always be there on time and properly presented
• Be passionate and knowledgeable about the service you are offering
Jon Cog writes, "For Christmas, mathematician Donald Knuth shared some great geeky fun. He revealed how for the last 57 years, he's been incorporating the digits of pi into the exercises of his computer programming books -- a whopping 1,700 times. And before long his annual 'Christmas Tree' lecture 'had turned into a kind of […]
“What’s even the point of having an Internet if I can’t buy a replica kid’s plastic Santa Claus mask from ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’?” That’s the question my friend Evan Prodromou recently posed on Facebook. He then tagged me in the comments, “I’m pretty sure Rusty Blazenhoff could find these if I asked her.” Well, […]
While looking up something else on YouTube, I came across Santa Claus, the world’s first Christmas movie! This British silent film, a little over a minute long, was made in 1898 and was directed by George Albert Smith, a “stage hypnotist, psychic, magic lantern lecturer, Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, inventor” and noted film […]
With all due respect to our vegetarian friends, there might be nothing more intrinsically linked to the 4th of July holiday than a big ole cookout. Sure, fireworks and celebrating the birth of a constitutional republic are great too, but showing off your cooking prowess with a brilliantly seared, mouth-watering slab of grade-A American beef […]
We’re at the midway point of 2020. So…how’s the year going for you so far? Yeah…we can guess. But while there’s a lot about 2020 we can’t directly control, maybe a little retail therapy can help make you feel better. Sure, the 39 items we gathered together can absolutely bring a smile to your face. […]
When revved-up kids used to dribble a basketball through the kitchen or practice their footwork with a soccer ball in front of the television, exasperated parents would often just send ‘em outside to play. But these days, sending kids out might not be the best course of action. Despite all the changes, many budding young […]