Trump gave Erdogan green light, Putin nods in approval from Moscow.
Turkey has launched an attack against US-allied Kurds in Northern Syria, after Donald Trump expressed his support for the military assault in a now-infamous phone call to Turkish president Tayyip Erdogan.
Updates on Wednesday morning:
• Turkish warplanes and artillery are striking militia positions in several towns in the border region.
• Erdogan said the Syria assault is code-named “Peace Spring.”
• The United Nations Security Council will meet on Syria behind closed-doors on Thursday, diplomats said, after Turkey launched a military operation against Kurdish fighters in the northeast of the country.
• Emergency Syria talks by 15-member Security Council was requested by 5 European members: Britain, France, Germany, Belgium and Poland
• In announcing the start of Turkey's military action, Erdogan today said the goal is to eliminate a “terror corridor” on Turkey’s southern border.
• NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg today: “I count on Turkey to act with restraint and ensure that any action it may take in northern Syria is proportionate and measured,” he said after meeting Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte. “It is important to avoid actions that may further destabilize the region, escalate tensions and cause more human suffering.”
• Chaotic scenes in northern Syria as people flee for their lives.
More below. This is a developing story, and this post will be updated.
Republican strategist Steve Schmidt went on MSNBC to express his outrage over Trump’s shocking inaction against Russia’s well-documented program of paying bounties for dead American soldiers in Afghanistan: We’ve had incompetent presidents, and dumb presidents, and dishonest presidents. But we’ve never had a faithless president, who is faithless to his oath, who refuses to defend […]
Eric Trump posted a photo of Chelsea Clinton’s wedding in which suspected pedophile Ghislaine Maxwell can be seen in attendance. “Birds of a feather,” he wrote. Almost immediately, people responded to the tweet with the many photos of Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein cozying up to Donald and Melania Trump. Soon after that, young Eric deleted […]
Definitely not treasonous Trump tweeted today that the Russian bounty on U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan story is a hoax.
For all their amazing growth over the past 25 years, the most impressive thing about the monumental rise of Amazon might be the speed and sophistication of their lightning-fast delivery network. Sometimes it doesn’t even take 24 hours for the idea you ordered to be perched right on your front porch, ready for use. The […]
You could actually watch a Tyrannosaurus Rex walk down your street right now. And no, this isn’t the latest Jurassic Park sequel. Of course, it isn’t real either, just a Google recreation of some pretty realistic looking dinosaurs transplanted right into any environment around you courtesy of augmented reality. Yet it’s just another example of […]
A guy on the Apple discussion forum started a thread titled, “Why do your Charger Cables have the lifespan of a housefly?” That question is probably enough to elicit a whole bunch of head nods from virtually everyone reading this, whether you’re an iPhone user, an Android owner or have virtually any device that needs […]