English Heretics' Black Plaques commemorate the eldritch

7 Responses to “English Heretics' Black Plaques commemorate the eldritch”

1. slawkenbergius says:

Nice to see the darker side of our cultural heritage being represented. I wonder how many people will be commemorated by both plaques? John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester surely deserves both a Black and a Blue one.

2. Teresa Nielsen Hayden/Moderator says:

Okay, NotYouButMe (1), it’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever seen. I don’t see why we had to hear about it if you weren’t going to explain why, but no doubt you had your reasons.

3. Paul Bowen says:

Whilst I have an instictive mistrust of this sort of malarkey, I have to say I enjoyed this site. Reading between the lines it seems clear that it’s the work of a lone (and probably carless – readers ouside England may not have spotted that almost all the sites mentioned are a short bus or train ride from Ipswich!)obsessive but like that’s a bad thing? It was nice to find I’m not the only person who’s never, ever quite shaken off the atmosphere of Witchfinder General since first seeing it, and if nothing else, I now know what liminal, qliphoth and toponymy mean.

4. dculberson says:

#1, stupider even than, for example, making pewter figurines of video game characters? I think not..

5. Flying Squid says:

Can’t both be stupid?

Personally, I don’t think we should make monuments to ignorance.

6. Michael Brutsch says:

#4: Obviously, you’ve never seen a cathedral.

I think it’s a wonderful project.

7. notyoubutme says:

I’m sorry,but this is just about as stupid a waste of time as any I have ever heard of.

Not that I have any particular disdain for wiccans or pagans,other than my general dislike for anything even vaguely religious.

Though the village idiot part I like(poets suck).