This eight-foot-tall animatronic model of Gort, the robot from The Day The Earth Stood Still, is currently up for auction on eBay. According to the ad, "the robot hasn't been activated in years." So be careful! Current bid is $4051. From the auction listing:
* Created by Fred Barton Productions, Inc., hand assembled in the USA.
* Originally purchased from FBP, Inc., in 2003. Since then it has been on public display.
* Full size fiberglass reproduction. High quality, durable construction.
* Originally equipped with tilting visor with sound effects.
* Animatronics controlled by an infrared remote control.
* Dimensional specifications were obtained from the original robot.
* The original infrared controller is included.
Alex Wood is an addict but won’t give up his smartphone. But he has five strategies for limiting its control over him: “I used to wake up tired. My body would ache and my head felt sore, like waking up with a hangover. Finally, I took control, like attending an AA class for addicts, I […]
Ok, it’s not just solar powered. It’s also an anti-theft, waterproof marvel that keeps my phone’s power bar from ever getting into the red.Sure the idea seems obvious now – tuck a gigantic solar powered battery pack into an exposed slot and turn the wearer into a walking energy harvester. Simple maybe, but I didn’t […]
The Lightning port has thus far resisted the cruel fate that befell the headphone jack, and despite rumors that it may be disappearing come iPhone 8, for the present and foreseeable future, Lightning cables are a hot commodity for iPhone users. As such, we must make do in this strange time in which long, glorified […]
All the filters in the world won’t save your smartphone pics from a shaky hand. To really step up your mobile photography game, you’ll need some kind of mount to hold it steady. You could buy a smartphone attachment for a conventional camera tripod, but who wants to carry that kind of gear everywhere they […]
The forced transition from analog to digital TV signals was probably met with relative indifference from people with Netflix subscriptions and the “I don’t even own a TV” snoots. But anyone living in the vast swaths of the country that don’t have guaranteed high-speed internet, broadcast TV is a perfectly valid (and 100% free) way […]