Spielberg launching social network for UFO and paranormal buffs?

24 Responses to “Spielberg launching social network for UFO and paranormal buffs?”

1. DMcK says:

“The ignorance contained in reactive mind is ego-slime. Evolving into a notion of reciprocity with a galactic intent gets us into the game. Some of us understand the notion that there is a bit more to our life on this planet than buying stuff. Others don’t. No problem. Mr. Spielberg may simply be using his personal power to provide a virtual space for confused experiencers to share their stories. I find it enormously sad that pimple brain reductionists have an illusion of power.”

Translation: “All you people of Earth are IDIOTS!”

2. markbellis says:

The only controlling factor for these people was that they were usually too socially inept to reproduce – now he wants to change that?

3. Reverend T says:

Bill Shatner needs to join this.

4. angela444 says:

LOL … The UFO and Paranormal Activity Social Network – http://www.globalufospace.com
    My profile – http://www.globalufospace.com/Angela444

5. noen says:

@11 Antinous
    Yeah, sorry, I didn’t take the time to properly write that out. I ought to have ordered my thoughts a little more clearly.

6. fltndboat says:

7. Takuan says:

He’s out of ideas. One by one these people will disappear. Years later the Farm will be found. The pens, the probe-helmets, the recordings…. the vats of unidentifiable tissues…..

8. noen says:

Vats of ego-slime?

9. Antinous says:

I think that ‘reactive mind’ is the operative phrase.

10. Rick. says:

Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

Fuck it, I’ll join MyGhost.

11. SpocksBrain says:

Huh, that’s funny. My respect for Steven Spielberg just jumped down a few notches.

12. artistVictoriaC says:

I’m very interested in the paranormal, so I would check this site out and give it a chance.

But, I already have online social networking sites fatigue. A group at an already established site would have been better.

13. cherry shiva says:

aren’t there a gazillion paranormal clearinghouse sites already ?

i suppose the social network may be a new layer, but how much
    “yeah i saw one too.. and it was purple!” do we need to read ?

14. Cpt. Tim says:

i was totally freaked to find that some UFO’s i sighted in the 90′s before i had the internet were actually seen by a lot of people and still unexplained.

i’d totally forgotten about them until i’d become an adult who doesn’t think the speed of light is circumventable and thinks alien visits unlikely.

14 year old me and 29 year old me are going to have to duke it out.

15. Xenu says:

Why doesn’t he just start a group on Facebook?

You don’t need to start a brand new social network for every single possible topic.

16. JackCastile says:

I guess they’re trying to find the next John Titor.

17. Bonnie says:

the link doesn’t seem to be working!
    Is this alien technology?

18. Matt Staggs says:

This is chock full o’ woo.

19. cinemajay says:

Link is 404′d.

20. noen says:

Aren’t there enough shaky videos of blurry lights in the sky on YouTube? I’m all for suspending one’s sense of disbelief and having an open mind and all but what is really needed is hard nosed investigation. Cryptomundo has my respect for that very reason. It’s also why they haven’t found any crypto critters, there very likely aren’t there. (Mothman was a blue heron that frightened a mentally unstable woman) Same for ghosts and UFOs. The odds are Cpt. Tim that the UFO you saw was a stealth military craft.

21. salsaman says:

Would love to see James Randi offer Steven a wager…:)

22. uwer says:

Kudos, Spielberg!

Sweet.
    Thanks for you having balls of brass and providing a forum for less than mainstream views.
    Neato!

uwer

23. Antinous says:

Noen,

For a minute there, I thought that you were accusing Cpt. Tim of being a cryptid.

24. Merlinhoot says:

I believe they messed up the HTML for this story so here is the link for the story at Techcrunch called “Steven Spielberg’s Ghost Town”