Lego arms-dealer

23 Responses to “Lego arms-dealer”

1. Umbriel says:

The “SS Major” has three diagonal pips on his left collar tab, indicating that he’s actually only a Lieutenant or Captain. But you have to hand it to them to have made these detailed enough to nitpick.

2. romulusnr says:

Isn’t great how the cop and marines are smiley happy people, but the Arabs have angry, mean eyes, and the Germans are menacing and sadistic. Gee…

3. Takuan says:

Four pips to you sir, Militaria Nerd Extraordinaire!

4. VagabondAstronomer says:

When they outlaw little Lego people guns, only little Lego outlaws will own them (or, “They can have my little plastic Lego gun when they can pry my cold little plastic fingers off of it…”<—courtesy the Mrs.)

5. Umbriel says:

Thank you, Takuan. I bear your honor proudly. :)

6. historyman68 says:

@#9: thank you for that.

7. wildweasel says:

Great stuff!

8. jacob_ewing says:

Oooh something that will be loved by parents everywhere. I’ll be ordering some for my two-year-old niece momentarily.

9. Takuan says:

do they sugar-coat them to encourage swallowing?
    NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!

10. rollerskater says:

i would’ve LOVED these when i was a yute!

11. Malgwyn says:

The german helmets look like Civil War kepis. Without fylfots, they remind me of the uniforms from Verhoven’s “Starship Troopers”, which also had a thinly veiled National Socialist aesthetic.

I still have the much more realistic figures included from the Navarrone playset sold back in the 1970′s, which didn’t have fylfots either.

There is plenty of room for development here. Tasers, stunguns, telescoping batons, portable sonic weapons. Anyone nuts enough to pay for these will expect realism.

12. TomDewitt111 says:

Srry, lttl ff tpc, bt gd dmn wnt t stck my jhnsn nt Smnth Pwr. hds p!

13. WK says:

These “accessories” are known for looking great in a game of BrikWars.

14. pork musket says:

Joel posted this on BB gadgets several hours before it was on Geekologie. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if Geekologie saw it there and didn’t credit BB with the link.

15. brotherclone says:

boo!

16. Beryllium says:

Frankly, I’m disappointed.

I thought this was going to be about a supplier of spare arms for lego men and women who have encountered a random, angry Wookie.

17. drewbeatty says:

See, I always liked the Lego company because part of their philosophy was that they didn’t make weapons in current circulation. A knight could have a sword, or a space man a laser, but they just felt that there was no need for realistic, modern weapons, since there was really no need for kids to play with, say, a PSG1 Sniper Rifle, or a AK Assault Rifle. But, hey, what do they know?

18. Anselm says:

I love how the “bandits” look like stereotyped middle-eastern terrorists, complete with grenades and turbans.

19. consideredopinion says:

At least the BrickArms SS Major doesn’t have any Swastikas. I do wonder what Lego’s (legal) view is of this secondary industry?

20. Takuan says:

Lego S&M gear?

21. OM says:

…Now, where’s the “Davy Crockett” portable field nuke launcher?

22. Takuan says:

next to the anthrax sprayer

23. Stefan Jones says:

A friend just pointed me to:

Forbidden LEGO: Build the Models Your Parents Warned You Against!

by Ulrik Pilegaard

“It just may be impossible to exhaust the creative potential of LEGO bricks. With an active imagination as your guide, there are endless possibilities-provided you follow the LEGO Company’s official (and sensible) rules. This means no cutting or tampering with bricks, creating models that shoot unapproved projectiles, or using non-standard parts with any LEGO product. After all, those little precision-molded ABS bricks can be dangerous in the wrong hands! Well, toss those rules out the window.

Forbidden Lego introduces you to the type of free-style building that LEGO’s master builders do for fun in the back room. Using LEGO bricks in combination with common household materials (from rubber bands and glue to plastic spoons and ping-pong balls) along with some very unorthodox building techniques, you’ll learn to create working models that LEGO would never endorse. Try your hand at a toy gun that shoots LEGO plates, a candy catapult, a high voltage LEGO vehicle, a continuous-fire ping-pong ball launcher, and other useless but incredibly fun inventions.

Once you get into the spirit, you’ll want to try inventing your own rule-breaking models. Forbidden Lego’s authors, share tips and tricks that will inspire you and help you turn your visions into reality. Nothing’s against the rules in this book!”