Match it For Pratchett! Raising £500,000 for Alzheimer's research

9 Responses to “Match it For Pratchett! Raising £500,000 for Alzheimer's research”

1. fichter says:

Great idea and way to raise more funds for Alzheimer’s research. Just gave a few pounds.

2. madjo says:

I just donated 2 pounds to this cause. Every little bit helps.

3. Wickedashtray says:

My mom lies in a nursing home afflicted with late stage Alzheimers. For someone who worked her whole life for the comfort of others its particularly unfair and incredibly difficult to watch as she succumbs to it’s effects.

Being a huge sci-fi/fantasy lit fan this is a no-brainer (no pun intended) for me.

4. ghostofcain says:

Fantastic idea, TP has given me a lot of pleasure of the last 30 years, and i think any contribution that can help this insidious disease has got my backing

5. jitrobug says:

What a great idea – $1 per book seemed good to me.

6. Deb Geisler says:

We wanted to go beyond our earlier donation to the Alzheimer’s Association (the American research charity), so my husband and I have put one of Terry’s rarest books, Once More With Footnotes up for sale on eBay.

This is a charity sale, and 100% of the profits automatically go to the Association when the sale is complete (which is cool, because it means we don’t ever have to play with the money). We will ship internationally, of course.

7. soubriquet says:

Great idea.
    I’ve linked to you, donated, and blogged it myself, with a suggestion that other bloggers spread the word too, maybe this really could work.
    All of us, I think, know someone who has lost their mind in some way.

8. uzusan says:

I’ll be donating in a few days.

Meanwhile, submitted to digg: http://digg.com/health/Match_it_For_Pratchett_Raising_p500_000_for_Alzheimer_s

9. tregenza says:

http://www.MatchItForPratchett.org went online this afternoon as a clearing house for news on fund raising efforts etc.