Extrasensory prosthetic devices

10 Responses to “Extrasensory prosthetic devices”

1. snackcake says:

But do they glow red when the subject is sexually aroused?

2. dark_penguin says:

this reminds me of something from the Hitch Hiker’s Guide:

“Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses have been specially designed to help people develop a relaxed attitude to danger. At the first hint of trouble, they turn totally black and thus prevent you from seeing anything that might alarm you.”

3. alisong76 says:

I always wondered about how Six managed to boink Baltar for ages without him noticing her spine lighting up like a Christmas tree. Guess he never did her from behind.

4. tim says:

Used to have a Citroen BX when I lived in UK and under certain speed/rpm/road texture conditions the seat frame would vibrate against my back in just the right way to make it feel like I was scared of something. Very strange bio-feedback.

It would probably make for a good alert warning system when speeding on dodgy roads, entering a bad part of town, approaching a fast-food joint etc.

5. Vanwall says:

Is this like the “Tingler”?

6. Drew from Zhrodague says:

A weighted piezo disk may be a cheaper alternative to perform the same action that tiny motors would. Neat idea.

7. eustace says:

What a sinister idea! As if the human race would be improved by becoming completely dependent on machines… but I’m being inconsistent. As a prophet of the coming kill-bot apocalypse I wholeheartedly endorse this idea. While Skynet floods your (descendents) nervous systems with conflicting data, robots will overcome mankind!

8. kirakira says:

#2, the Cylons lost this technology in the second season, along with the concept of non-soap-operatic plot advancement.

9. Toby says:

#2, #4 – Presumably this project, as well the designers of the Cylons’ erotic nightlight, live in fear of legal action from the producers of Species.

10. Slicklines says:

You are assuming politicians actually have a spine on which to place sensors on either side of.