Yesterday on Boing Boing Gadgets
• We got the details on an unofficial developer camp for the Palm Pre
• Dell released a sweet new multi-touch capable tablet, the XT2
• Brownlee discovered luxury speakers that looked like sacrificial alter from another world
• HP will be shipping their netbooks with an insane three versions
of Windows 7, including the Starter Edition, which only allows three applications to run simultaneously.
• If you're going to offer an over-expensive service for turning an Apple laptop into a tablet
, do yourself a favor and animate the process in stop-motion like these guys.
• The Sony Vaio P is a sexy little not-netbook, no doubt, but if you really want it to shine, put XP on it
• Brownlee thinks everyone should buy a smartphone
, and recommends a pretty excellent seeming one.
• Beschizza spotted a skinny iPhone clone
useable for jugular slicing.
• Stackable Duplo bricks become a swank, extendable USB hub
• We scratched our heads over the Isophone, a sensory deprivation system for teleconferencing
• Joel sucked himself through a dimensional vortex and took an ultrsasonic bath
, complete with "spurting endometrial nozzles."
• So erotic, toothpaste squeezing
• Brownlee discovered an antifreeze ice cream scoop
, although he thinks it'll work on other flavors.
• We discovered that Unix time will be 1234567890 on Friday, February 13th, 2009 at 18:31:30
• Brownlee toured the terrifying and beautiful
monster factories of Japan.
• Beschizza totally eviscerated an Author Guild's director's absolutely ridiculous
claim that the Kindle 2's text-to-speech ability is illegal and a violation of property theft.
And more besides! Come read us.
Alex Wood is an addict but won’t give up his smartphone. But he has five strategies for limiting its control over him: “I used to wake up tired. My body would ache and my head felt sore, like waking up with a hangover. Finally, I took control, like attending an AA class for addicts, I […]
We just got the Sport model of the EPIKGO hoverboard at my office. Besides being terribly chic, it’s apparently bulletproof.
Ok, it’s not just solar powered. It’s also an anti-theft, waterproof marvel that keeps my phone’s power bar from ever getting into the red.Sure the idea seems obvious now – tuck a gigantic solar powered battery pack into an exposed slot and turn the wearer into a walking energy harvester. Simple maybe, but I didn’t […]
You know the drill. You go to the dentist and they ask you how often you floss. You lie through your teeth and say, “every day!” (Bonus points if you have some cilantro or chives stuck in your gums from lunch). You don’t want to keep up the charade any longer, but rubbing that tiny strand […]
The Raspberry Pi Foundation has done outstanding work packing a fully capable desktop computer into a package the size of a deck cards—especially one that only costs $35. But if you already have a working laptop, why should you care? Oh, how much you have to learn. Besides operating well as a compact digital media hub, […]
Custom coffee vessels are the perfect piece of office flair, but it’s just a matter of time before your VOTE FOR PEDRO mug will start to lose its relevant wit. Why not have a new one every day, with whatever silly nonsense you want sticking off the sides? You can save big on your novelty […]