Shotgun shell shot glasses

14 Responses to “Shotgun shell shot glasses”

My sister picked up one of these for my husband at the Winchester Mystery House in CA this winter.

The Winchester ones aren’t transparent.

2. Tiki Wahine says:

This isn’t a new idea, Trader Vic’s has been serving drinks in shotgun shell shot glasses and tall glasses in red and green for decades. They’re very fetching! http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=1727&ind_mug_id=10419 (Link Big Shot page on Ooga-Mooga!)

even if a shell did pop the shot isn’t going to go anywhere without the compression and direction of a chamber.

4. JJR1971 says:

The NRA store would probably sell those if the original vendor were interested…

5. GregLondon says:

No, I think I’ll pass.

“For what it’s worth, I once saw a Rottweiler chew an un-expended shotgun shell to pieces. Nothing happened, and none of us expected it to (none of us knew the dog well enough to take it away from him).”

How often do you have to see shotgun shells chewed to pieces that you no longer think to yourself “hmm, you know if either of those canine teeth pushes the percussion cap -just- so…” and back away a little?

Shotgun shells are one of those things that yes, they’re theoretically very safe unless fitted to a gun but are a bit too dangerous to assume won’t go off in a freak accident when the other end happens to be pointing towards you.

7. Takuan says:

it’s probably to keep them from frightening the TSA.

They have sold these at the Winchester mystery mansion for years. I bought one when I was in Santa Clara:

9. IamInnocent says:

Drinking from a pun.

You stay classy, San Diego!

11. Jaan says:

“Hm, do I want to build the muscle memory of sticking a shotgun shell in my mouth? I’m not sure why, but for some reason I’m feeling conflicted about this.

No, I think I’ll pass.”

That makes no sense at all. They just don’t go off like that.

Now, getting into the habit of putting solvent in a coffee cup on your desk, that’s bad.

12. Pantograph says:

C’mon Anonymous #9, it DRINK COKE isn’t that bad. I hardly EAT A BIG MAC notice it anymore.

13. Takuan says:

have to design a CO2 powered shotgun now.

Can’t we buy anything in America anymore that isn’t scribbled over with logos and slogans? I’d love a set of these if it weren’t for the stupid text. Are they afraid idiots won’t get the joke if it’s not explained to them?