16 Responses to “Groundbreaking Kansas rep netroots candidate takes another run at election with a new XKCD-style toon”

1. binky79 says:

This is the best xkcd ever?

2. Brainspore says:

It did contain the phrase “get your campaign groundwork laid.” That’s one way to recruit volunteers.

@1 best xkcd ever indeed. it’s funny because it’s true.

4. Maggie Koerth-Baker says:

Go, Kansas, go.

The best part about this guy is his Option 4: Lose campaign by small margin, but serve the people and try to get what you wanted done anyway.

Someone resurrect Zombie!JimmieStewart to play Tevis in a heartwarming movie, stat!

5. Sean Tevis says:

No. *This* is the best XKCD comic ever:

The stick figures are an homage. I used that style because 1) they’re about all my art skills can handle, 2) it’s faster to create than, say, the Watchmen homage piece, and 3) it signals to readers that I’m the kind of person who truly enjoys Randall Munroe’s XKCD a lot.

6. gmoke says:

Zephyr Teachout, former Internet coordinator for Howard Dean’s Presidential race and now at Duke Univ Law School, spoke at Harvard yesterday on “The Globalization of Local Elections.” She was trying to project 20 years into the future, she said, when she believed that foreign entities would be able to follow and affect local US elections through the use of technology. It was the first time she gave the talk and it was obvious that she hadn’t thought it through to any great depth. I suggested that she contact Bruce Sterling and talk to him about centipedes and her concepts and also told her that her expectation that it would take 20 years was off by a decade or two. In fact, you’ve just done it.

7. MisterEd says:

Yay, Sean! I was sad to see that you fell just short in November, but I’m heartened and impressed to see what you’ve been up to since.

8. Daemon says:

Literature trumps linux: http://xkcd.com/556/

9. prettycreatures says:

#5 – classiest comment on the internets – makes me extra glad I donated to your campaign the first time.

<3 and lucks to you sir!

10. jimh says:

Awww Brainspore, I knew someone would have already pointed that out!

go sean! shawnee mission HS class of 87, paul rudd, adam degraff and now sean tevis. must of been the forensics prof.

12. jjasper says:

Go Sean! I’ll save a few bucks and send them your way.

13. cookiemonsta17 says:

Yay!

I read this a few hours ago and I’m very glad to see it on BoingBoing.

Sean Tevis might even be rivaling Dennis Kucinich (which is a hard thing to do, in my mind) for me.

=)

Thanks, Sean, for doing so much to make Kansas a better place.

15. kaosdevice says:

I like Tevis as well. Been following him since the last campaign. I kicked some ducats his way but couldn’t vote for him. Not in his district. Still raising the bar in Kansas closer to the sane mark would be wonderful. As they say, when the tide comes in every ship rises.

I live in NYC and I feel like Sean represents me more than my own representative (don’t even know his/her name) even though he’s from Kansas and isn’t a representative. Strange powers these internets have.