CARDIAC paper computer emulator

7 Responses to “CARDIAC paper computer emulator”

1. Marc Kelsey says:

@1:

You can get some PDFs to make a CARDIAC from here:

(I haven’t built it, so I can’t vouch for it).

There is no manual with these, so you should grab that from the link in the post.

2. tomhiggins says:

After years of tracking resources about this device I have to say this last week has been a gold rush of goodness. The links on this new page are amazingly useful, thank you much for posting it up.

Stay tuned for the video tutorials, we found the tripod so the video quality will be better than before…maybe.

3. Pantograph says:

Sure, anybody can make a computer using computer magic. Now let’s see you make one out of cardboard. (Seriously, aren’t there papercraft models out there?)

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to TOT using the Cardiac system?

Tot: Input a variable sized set of input values and produce the sum as output. The first input value will represent the number of values that follow as input to be added.

^^^^^^

thats the task

5. tomhiggins says:

I didi build a paper version of the CARDIAC from some pdfs I found a year or so back. It worked, but paper was not the way to go. Get yourself some good cardstock. I am working up an idea to build a bigger version of the device for teaching.

I invented, pattented and published The Instructo Paper Computer when I was a teacher during the early 80′s. It was published my McGraw Hill, and I used to be able to find it on the web at some computer museum. It was a psedo assembllanguage devive that I used with my math classes. Any body have any info on it?

Thanks, Fred Matt; xjunkman@verizon.net

7. cmpalmer says:

Check out the PDF of the original manual for a amazingly sexist flowchart on fixing a flat tire…