My favorite nearby waterfall, once the home of rockets (iPhone video snapshot)

12 Responses to “My favorite nearby waterfall, once the home of rockets (iPhone video snapshot)”

This is one of my favorite LA-area hikes. Shame that it was just a year ago or so that the stone cabin burned down. I’d really love to see more photographs of Tropical Terrace in it’s prime!

2. nutate says:

Great hike. Here’s some vid of my homies jumping into a pool that I think is above that waterfall.

(explicit language regarding the temperature of the water)

3. tarabrown says:

I just hiked it yesterday and I am so sore from climbing up 3 tiers of waterfall/pools. So worth it tho! Thanks for the tip Xeni!!

4. Xeni Jardin says:

@#9, Corral Canyon Road above Malibu, right on Corral Canyon off the highway then take a left when you see signs for Solstice trail.

5. tarabrown says:

I am always floored when I see the quality of video from the iPhone 3Gs. Still pouting that I have to wait until December to do the upgrade.

That spot on the trail looks lovely and it’s definitely at the top of my list for my next hike. Who knew there was so much green in SoCal.

6. dculberson says:

Awesome, thanks for the info on the Roberts house. I was dying for some pictures of it in the current state, and found this photo set that seems good:

It’s sad to see it in such a state, but it is good to see it remembered.

7. Naganalf says:

I love that waterfall. I always find a shady spot and just hang out there when I do that hike: close my eyes and listen to the water.

8. Ito Kagehisa says:

Thank you, Xeni & DCulberson!

where do you park to start the hike? What is the address?

10. zikman says:

nice. reminds me of maymont :)

11. cjp says:

Dammit- now I have to pee.