PS22 kids chorus sings The Cure

10 Responses to “PS22 kids chorus sings The Cure”

1. hng23 says:

I think my favourite video is of them singing ‘Dragon’ to Tori Amos & bringing her to tears. (Watching their teacher fanboy squee is also endearing.)

nice little docu on the Langley Schools project here -

I just finished seeing the children from PS22, WOW I so touched how these children are truly they express their feelings. It made heart melt. I happy to have come across this video. Good Work, Actually Excellent….

4. nas097 says:

I went on a bender of these kids when I found out about them recently; this is my favorite of their recent songs. (Tho this is last year’s chorus class; there’s a whole new crop this year.)

My first thought on seeing them: Whatever the law may provide for, I certainly _hope_ no one is paying licensing fees on the music.

5. bklynchris says:

I feel like I can die now, seriously. That was heart healing.

6. smegoid says:

I know what these kids will be humming after their first breakup. A bit early to indoctrinate them into the cure but I approve nonetheless!

7. stevew says:

Showed the PS22 kids performing the Lady Gaga number to a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir last summer: http://ps22chorus.blogspot.com/2009/06/2-2-ga-ga.html He was blown away by both the kids and their teacher. The clips of Tori Amos are wonderful.

8. curtis says:

Don’t get me wrong – I think this is great.
    but…
    Anyone else an old grump like me and find the individual emoting facial expressions and hand gestures take away from the overall effect?
    Also, stand up when you’re singing.
    Okay my 1987 high school chorus teacher will be quiet now. I won’t say anything about the t-shirt over clothing uniforms.

What a amazing way to get school kids into music.
    Wonderful teacher for running the class, and very talented students. Beautiful!

I love the cure so much. More of this.